Student Resources

TitleAdditional InformationResource Link
Flight Planning Template (Electronic)

Use this document to prepare for your navigation flight.

Flight Planning KYV
Get an Aviation Reference Number (ARN)

All General Aviation Pilots require an ARN, application can be made online (verifiable ID required), or in paper format.

There is no cost associated with obtaining an ARN but you will be required to set up a MyCASA user account.

Civil Aviation Safety Authority
Get an Aviation Medical Certificate

You will need a medical before you fly solo.

Use this link to find an approved medical examiner.

Find a CASA Designated Aviation Medical Examiner
Aviation Security ID Card (ASIC)

You will require an ASIC card before you go solo.

Security ID offers an efficient, prompt service for the issue of ASIC cards.
We can perform the ID verification process for Security ID at Bankstown Flying School

If you are Australian born, you will need the following documents:

  • Birth Certificate
  • Passport/Drivers Licence
  • Medicare Card
  • Something with your address
  • Digital photo to upload

Not born in Australia?

  • Passport
  • Visa (where applicable)
  • Citizenship Certificate
  • Drivers Licence
  • Medicare card
  • Something with your address
Security ID
PA28-181 Archer II Checklist
Piper Archer Checklist
Commercial Pilot Licence
Download Brochure
Private Pilot Licence
Download Brochure
Recreational Pilot Licence
Download Brochure
Book Now

Learn with our Flight Training Specialists

The learning begins here, from the very first flight until you obtain your licence, then fly around Australia. Maybe a career to fly everywhere in the world.

© 2023 Bankstown Flying School. All Rights Reserved.